Nursing Careers Nursing is a career filled with endless personal and professional rewards. If you choose nursing, you are choosing to spend your life helping others, using skills that blend scientific knowledge with compassion and caring. There are very few professions that offer such a rewarding combination of high tech and high touch.
Ward in charge, staff Nurse in critical areas like ICU, CCU, Emergency Medical services, Transplant units dialysis units leukemia etc.
Community health Nurse/Public Health Nurse in charge of activities related to the District Health Services. She holds a key role in organization & implementation of many health related programs by the Government.
Academic Institution :
Appointed as tutors, clinical instructors, demonstrators, assistant lecturers and to be responsible for planning, teaching, executing and evaluating each student.
The job market
- Today, there is a significant nursing shortage and statistics show that the need for nurses in years to come will only become greater.
- Because advances in health care are helping people live longer, there are more elderly people who need care.
- The number of people who are sick and in need of more skilled nurses is growing.
- More nurses are needed outside the hospital setting.
- So, nurses today - particularly those with a bachelor of science degree in nursing (BSN) & general nursing (DGNM) - are almost guaranteed jobs right out of college and can be assured of a secure career well into the future.